Download Sheet

1200 masl




Ilicnea, Sul De Minas, Minas Gerais




Bruno Menali Oliveira


May - September


August - February


Situated on the border of Sul De Minas and the Cerrado sits the mountainous region of Illicinea, where farms rise from 1100 – 1320 masl before the land falls away into the expanse of the Cerrado. The area is made up of 6 communties and blessed with a beautiful micro climate that provides conditions for producing unique and intriguing coffees. The region's soil is known as cambisolo where the rock is still turning to soil. This places its own unique stress on the plants and the maturation of the cherry. Previously, coffee growers here really struggled with the winds that ravaged the crops, though through ingenuity and some help, they have installed systems and planted trees to help minimise the affect of the wind. The region is still relatively new in coffee production terms, as coffees were previously sold under the names of other regions until recently. Now these farms are being recognised for the unique coffees they produce, both in relation to the region and Brazil as a whole.

Fazenda Conquinsta was established in 1910 and has always been one of the main coffee producing farms in the Ilicinea region. Initially founded by Mr. Juca de Oliveira, who constantly challenged himself to improve and change his methods, now the farm is run by his great grandson Bruno Menali Oliveira. Bruno gave up his work as a lawyer to farm coffee and, like his grandfather, is always looking at ways to improve the quality of his post-harvest production, as well as the education and working environment for his staff. They currently have 8 full-time helpers on the farm to assist with the harvest and maintain the medium sized estate during the year. They are able to harvest 30% of the farm mechanically and the remaining 70% manually, due to the sloping topography of the land.

Once the coffee is harvested from the trees it is then laid out on patios in the sun for 7 days until it reaches 15% moisture. From here, it is then transferred to a mechanical drier for 3 days until the desired 11% moisture is reached.

We have two lots available;


Variety - Topazio

Preparation - Natural 

Cup Profile - Lemon and orange with praline and a creamy body

SCCA - 83.5



Variety - Topazio

Preparation - Natural 

Cup Profile - Fruit and nut chocolate with raspberry and orange hints with a smooth body

SCCA - 83.5